My Headlines

Saturday, February 21, 2009

RECLAIMING your LIFE


Elizabeth Gilbert said:"we are the author of our life, our destiny lies in our hand" There is so much about fate that I can not control, but other things do fall under my jurisdiction. I can decide how i spend my time - i can choose how i am going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life, whether i will see them as curses or opportunities . Most of all, I can choose my thoughts.

To reclaim and master our life, Barb Doyle shares some essential keys on how we can take control and get most out of our life.
RELAX. Nothing can make you stress. It is how you think about something that causes you to feel stress. How you think creates how you feel. It is easier to control your thinking than to try to control outside experiences. Next time you feel yourself stressed out, picture yourself in a nature scene. Use all your sensess

BE AWARE, this is the first day and last day of your life. Most of us go around in life either controlled by the regrets of yesterday or by the fears of tomorrow. Our life is robbed by these 2 thieves. If today truly is the first day of your life, you would have no regrets. To have this kind of attitude, you have to give up any grudges that you have been holding on. If today is the last day of your life, your attitude would be that of contribution.

No comments: