My Headlines

Sunday, March 1, 2009

W E A R I N E S S

There is nothing wrong with feeling weary, but there is everything wrong with abandoning ship in the midst of the

fight. Growing weary is the consequence of many experiences - most of them bad, but all of them exhausting. To

name a few:

We can be weary of waiting - I am weary of my crying; my eyes fail while I wait for my God. psa 69.3
We can be weary of studying and learning - of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.ecc
We can be weary of fighting the enemy - he arose and struck the Philistines until his hand was weary 2sam 23:10
We can be weary of criticism and persecution - my eyes has become old because of all my adversaries. psa 6.7

Lots of things are fine in themselves, but our strength has it's limit. . . but

BE aware, the Lord did not promise to give us something to take so we can handle our weary moments. He promised us

HIMSELF. That is all and that is enough when He says:
Come to me, all you who are weary and burndened, and I will give you rest. . . for I am gentle and humble

in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matt 11:28

No comments: