My Headlines

Sunday, March 1, 2009

ASIA'S IDOL OF CHANGE I

JET LI 45yrs old, Chinese actor

A narrow escape from death triggered him to found - ONE FOUNDATION. Dec 26, 2004 while Li and his family were

vacationing in the Maldives, they had a narrow escape from death during the Indian Ocean tsunami that killed more

than 225,000 in 11 countries.


"I thought if God saved me, it must mean something. That day in Maldives, I want to do something right away" he

said. He immediately gave about $158,000 in tsunami aid but felt he had to do something more significant and long

lasting. That was how the Jet Li One Foundation was born.

"The Jet Li One Foundation is my life and movies just one of my hobbies" says Jet Li, downplaying his box office

superstar status. He says, he has made up his mind to focus on humanitarian work.

BE aware, the One Foundation is not just about raising money but also about changing people's belief and spreading a

culture of love. He believed that even one individual giving 1 hour of his/her time every month, is part of a

family of others doing the same elsewhere in the world.

No comments: