My Headlines

Thursday, March 4, 2010

10 DONT'S from your Child

1. DON'T spoil me
- I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. I am only testing you.

2. DON'T be afraid to be firm with me.
- I prefer it; it makes me feel more secure.

3. DON'T let me form bad habits.
- I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.

4. DON'T correct me infront of people, if you can help it in private.
- I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me.

5. DON'T protect me from consequences.
- I need to learn the painful way sometimes.

6. DON'T nag.
- If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.

7. DON'T forget that I can not explain myself as well as I should like.
- That is why I am not always accurate.

8. DON'T be inconsistent.
- That to me confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.

9. DON'T put me off when I ask question.
- If you do, you will find that I stop asking you and seek my information elsewhere.

10. DON'T forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding and love.
- But I do not need to tell you. Do I?

Be aware, children are a blessing. They belong to God and should be recognized for their inestimable worth and dignity - not for what they produce and accomplish, but for who they are as God's own handiwork.

No comments: